FPD Property Services (India) Pvt Ltd (“Savills”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and our use of your personal information is governed by the applicable laws. On this site, “Savills”, “our” and “we” each mean FPD Property Services (India) Pvt Ltd (“Savills”) and all the Savills group companies which collect and use your information. Any reference to “you” or “your” refers to anyone whose personal information we process.
Our use of your personal data will be governed by the applicable laws.
Savills is a controller for the personal information that it collects and uses about you. We will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with the applicable laws.
2. What is personal information
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This could include information such as name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
3. What personal information do we collect?
We will collect your full name and contact details (such as phone number, email address and postal address) from you whenever you engage with us.
In addition, if we are providing a service to you, or on your behalf, where we are required to do so by law, we will collect information relating to your identity, which will be at least one form of photographic identification (such as a passport, a driving licence or an identification card) and one form of documentation with proof of your place of residence (such as a recent utility bill).
We will also confirm whether you have any relatives or close connections working at Savills so that we can consider potential conflict of interests and if identified how to manage these , in accordance with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
Depending on the service that we provide to you (or on your behalf) we may also collect additional personal information as detailed below;
Buy, Sell, Let, Rent
If you are selling or letting a property through us;
•We will collect a contact telephone number to get in touch with you about organising viewings and updating you on any offers received or rental applications for your property.
•Where you are not the legal owner of the property we will request details from you as to your ability to sell or let the property such as a Power of Attorney etc.
•We will collect your bank account details to arrange onward payment of rent due to you, If you wish to rent a property we are listing;
•Specific access requirements so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs
If you wish to purchase a property we are listing for sale where you have specifically provided us with these, we will collect personal information relating to any specific access requirements you may have in relation to a property so that we can find a property that is suitable for your needs. We will also collect personal information required to source a property for you and, where required, negotiate the purchase of a property on your behalf.
4. How we use your personal information
What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
•For employment-related purposes
•Where we need information to perform the contract we have entered into with you
•Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
•Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in Savills' legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, including:
- Processing that is necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns. – this will include sending you marketing information from time to time after you have engaged us to provide services or received services from us either which may be similar and of interest to you or where you have expressly indicated that you would like to receive such information. You have the right to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
- Processing that is necessary to improve our knowledge of the real estate sector – this will include undertaking market analysis and research so that we better understand trends in the property sector and provide better knowledge along with more tailored and relevant services for our customers in the future.
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively – this will include: verifying the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer; processing for administrative efficiency purposes such as where we outsource certain administrative functions to third parties who are specialise in such services; processing for network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access or to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of any of your rights outlined below.
In more limited circumstances we may also rely on the following legal bases:
•Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else's interests); and/or
•Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes
We may process special categories of personal information and criminal conviction information in the following limited circumstances:
How we use your personal information
For specific information on how your personal information will be used for the services you have requested from us, please select from any of the options below;
5. Complaints and Contact Details
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information please contact the Customer Relations Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org who will try to resolve the issue.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites and allows a website to recognise a user's computer. Cookies are used to help users navigate websites more efficiently and to perform certain functions, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
What cookies do Savills use?
The table below lists the cookies used by this website and provides a description of how each cookie works, clicking the '+' symbol will expand the box to give further explanation on each cookie. Where further information about a cookie exists on an external website a link has been provided under 'More information'.